Amtrak has regular service from PENN STATION to Rhinecliff, New York from points North and South. Call 800-872-7245 for schedule information and necessary reservations. METRO NORTH has regular service from GRAND CENTRAL STATION to Poughkeepsie, no reservations required.
Local rentals are suggested through RUGE'S SUBARU in RHINEBECK. National names: Enterprise & Hertz are available in Kingston, 15 minutes away. Enterprise will pick you up and drop you off at the train or the inn.
Driving: From the NY Thruway
12 miles (15 minutes) from NY Thruway, Exit 19/Kingston & Woodstock& Hunter Mountain
- Exit 19 bear RIGHT toward Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge (209N becomes 199)
- At second traffic light turn LEFT onto Rte 9G North/Rte 199
- Make a RIGHT at the next traffic light to continue on 199 East into Red Hook.
- Make a RIGHT at the next traffic light onto Rte. 9 South. Sign will say South Broadway/Mobil and Neko Drugstore are on both corners.
- Make a LEFT into the driveway of The Red Hook Country Inn
- Parking is at the rear of the inn.
From the Taconic State Parkway North or South
- Take the "Pine Plains/Red Hook" exit.
- At the end of the exit ramp go right or left onto Rte. 199 West. Follow Rte. 199 into the Village of Red Hook (approximately 8 miles). Bear RIGHT at the 'fork in the road' Be mindful of speed limit signs as they will change from 55 mph to 40 mph to 30 mph (that means you are in the village)
- At the traffic light in the center of town, make a left onto Rte. 9 South. The Red Hook Country Inn is about 1/8 mile on the left. Onsite parking is behind the inn.
- As always, please be reminded to wear your seat belts while in a moving vehicle. The Village of Red Hook is concerned for the safety of our residents and guests and our local Police Department will strongly enforce traffic regulations. Thanks in advance for your cooperation!